The goal is to lose up to 10 pounds in 3 days by following a strict meal plan for 3 days on and 4 days off. Repeating the diet multiple times is allowed to reach your desired goal weight.
This diet is a quick-fix fad diet designed to help you lose weight fast by allowing super low-calorie meals for 3 days. You then eat normally (should be healthy foods, no over-eating and no under-eating) for 4 days. You can then opt to do the diet again until you reach your desired weight. The dieter must follow the diet exactly for best results. No leaving foods out or adding some in is allowed. There are some substitutions for certain foods. Tips to keep the weight off when done with the 3 day diet:
- Eat a healthy balanced diet. Whole foods are recommended: Fresh veggies, fresh fruits, lean proteins and whole grains. These foods are full of the nutrients you need.
- Stay away from soda, sugary fruit juices and energy drinks. Drink plenty of water!
- Stay away from processed foods and foods stuffed with trans fats, artificial flavors or colors and other chemicals. Also stay away from refined carbs such as white breads, cookies, crackers, donuts, bagels, pastries, etc. When choosing breads or crackers, opt for whole grain!
- Exercise at least 4 times a week – more is better. 35 minutes minimum is best. And try to do both cardio and strength training exercises.
- This diet is for 3 days on and 4 days off. During the 3 days you will follow the exact meal plan. Eat no more, nor no less than what is listed. On the 4 days off, eat a healthy, well balanced diet. Don’t over-eat and for best results, don’t under-eat either.
- If you can’t eat something on the meal plan or don’t like a certain food item, there are always substitutions. We have an app that gives you all the meal plans and substitutions in it. See below for our app.
- You must wait 4 days before starting the 3 day diet again. Your body needs to eat regular meals, and a regular amount of calories during these 4 days off. You can repeat this diet until you reach your desired goal weight.
- Try not to repeat this diet for more than a month at a time. Being that it is very low calorie, it is unhealthy to keep going on it for longer periods.
- Spreading out meals is allowed. Saving food for later as a snack is allowed. Just make sure you eat everything on the meal plan for the day.
- Drink plenty of water daily.
Exercise is optional but encouraged especially during the 4 days off of this diet. During the 3 days on you might feel weak from eating such a low calorie diet. If so, work out at your own pace.
|Short-Term Quick Fix:|
|Lifestyle Change Diet:|
|Simple Diet to Follow:|
|Good For Your Health:|
- Meal plan is easy to follow each day. All foods are easy to find and easy to prepare.
- Exercise isn’t required.
- You are allowed ice cream everyday as a small treat.
- There is a large amount of information online as well as in mobile apps for this diet. (see app recommendations below for this diet – regular, vegan and gluten free options available).
- This super-low calorie diet can be unhealthy for the long term. Repeating it for over a month is not recommended.
- There are healthier ways to lose weight. Sometimes weight might not stay off if the dieter goes back to a lifestyle of unhealthy eating and not exercising. You must put in the effort to keep the weight off that you lost by eating whole foods and exercising regularly. Do not over-eat or under-eat.
- Diet claims “up to 10 pounds loss”, which means you can lose from 0-10 pounds. 10 pounds loss is not guaranteed, its just a maximum you can lose.
- Being that the diet is very low calorie, the dieter might have a hard time with cravings and feeling hungry.
- The food allowed can be bland and boring. Substitutions are allowed for more variety or options.