I was having a little chat with my sister today and she mentioned she’s doing a squat challenge this month. So, what did I do? I said, “I’m in!”
Everyday all you have to do is look at the calendar and do the required amount of squats. You can break them up throughout the day if needed. I know I’m going to need to! Especially when we get in the 100′s-200′s! WOW! That’s a lot of squatting! But, its going to be worth it in the end!
If you don’t know how to do a correct squat, watch this video on YouTube on how to do a proper squat.
Benefits of squats:
1. Builds muscle! They tone the legs and lift the butt! Now, who wouldn’t want that?!!
2. Burns fat! The more muscle you gain, the more you body burns fat. It’s a fact!
3. Strength and Flexibility! Helps us in everyday activities by strengthening our knees and back and core. And they help with our flexibility as well.
4. Maintains our mobility. Let’s face it, we are all getting older – do you want to be one of those old ladies who has a hard time getting around? No! Squatting will help keep you fit and your body active for the long run.
5. Helps with our balance! Working those core muscles will help with balance.
Print this calendar out or save it to your desktop as a guide.
If you’d like to mix up the calendar, feel free to do so – like make your rest days on a Monday instead. Go right ahead!