Hey there everyone! Been a busy week for me! How about everyone else? I hope you’re all having a good December and keeping up with your diets and fitness routines as best as you can!
I was thinking of what to write about and I thought a yummy recipe share would be nice! And since a lot of you are 3 Day Diet users, I thought I would share with you a recipe that would be good for when you are on the 4 days off part of the diet. If you aren’t a 3 Day Diet user then this recipe is just an all around healthy go-to recipe. Garlic Chicken and Vegetables! Feel free to add some brown rice to go along with it if you need some carbs.
1 boneless skinless chicken breast
salt & black pepper to taste
10 cloves garlic, peeled
¼ TBSP olive oil
¼ cup chicken broth
¼ TBSP lemon juice
¼ tsp dried basil
¼ tsp dried oregano
1 tsp flour
½ TBSP chicken broth
- Season chicken on both sides with salt and pepper to taste.
- Brown chicken and garlic in hot oil in a large saute pan.
- Add broth, lemon juice, and spices.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer 6-8 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken and garlic from pan and keep warm.
- Mix together remaining broth with the flour and mix into the pan juices, stirring briskly.
- Bring to a boil and cook until thickened.
- Serve sauce with chicken and garlic. Enjoy with a side of steamed veggies.