If you haven’t tried overnight oats, you are missing a delicious and easy breakfast perfect for those hectic ”I have no time” mornings. Just grab from the fridge and take with you, no cooking required. Just don’t forget a spoon! Great breakfast treat for when you’re on the 17 Day Diet cycle 3.
- 1/2 cup vanilla almond milk, unsweetened
- 1/2 vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 cup old fashion oats
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/2 cup nonfat greek yogurt
- Stevia to taste
Whisk milk and protein powder in a small bowl until all clumps are removed. Add remaining ingredients until well mixed. Place in the fridge overnight. Add Topping. Enjoy.
These nesting bowls would be great to make this recipe in, they are perfect for portion control. Prepare the recipe above in them and top with some plastic wrap. Place in the fridge and you’re good to go! Plus they’re pretty and come with a cool stand!
Variations: (add to the oat mixture)
- Pina Colada: 1/2 cup pineapple and unsweetened coconut flakes
- Blueberry lemon: replace plain yogurt with blueberry and add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- Carrot Cake: Add 1/2 cup shredded carrot and 1 tablespoon maple syrup, top with coconut
- Chocolate Strawberry: Add 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder and 1/2 cup sliced strawberries
- Chocolate banana: Add 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder and 1/2 cup sliced bananas
- Key Lime: Add zest and juice from 1 key lime and 2 tablespoons of coconut, add stevia to taste
- Coconut flakes
- Chocolate chips
If cold oatmeal isn’t your thing, you can heat it in the microwave for two minutes, stirring once halfway.
Which would you prefer when preparing food for your diet?