It seems I have a sweet tooth. Last week, I made lemon bars and tonight I made brownies. And, if these were just any brownies, I wouldn’t be able to fit in my jeans tomorrow with all these delicious desserts running around my kitchen. Lucky for me, I have a recipe that keeps me in my skinny jeans and tames my sweet tooth.
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour (oat flour, almond, or coconut flour)
- 1/4 tsp. each baking powder and salt
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 tablespoons Coconut Oil (melted)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 tsp. pure Vanilla Extract
- optional: 1/4 cup mini chips or vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 330F.
- Add all of the dry ingredients to a medium bowl and mix well.
- In a small bowl combine the Coconut Oil, vanilla extract, and applesauce.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients and stir lightly.
- Pour in the almond milk and stir well.
- Pour batter evenly into a greased 8x4in. Loaf Pan (for a 13x9in. pan try doubling the recipe).
- Bake for about 20 minutes. (They’re ready when a toothpick or fork stuck into the middle comes out mostly clean.)
For what diet would you like to find desserts?