This is the perfect recipe to accompany the 17 Day Diet (cycle two). If you are looking for a breakfast/snack for cycle one, check out our Egg Muffins. These oatmeal muffins are packed with fiber, whole grains, and protein. Eat them for a satisfying breakfast or as a pre-workout snack.
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/4 cup Agave sweetener
- 1 tablespoon stevia
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup egg white subsistute or 3 egg whites
- 1 ½ Tablespoons unrefined coconut oil, melted
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Toppings: fresh berries, Maple Bananas, or apples
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line a muffin tin with cupcake liners. Spray liners with coking spray to prevent any sticking.
- Combine oats, cinnamon, stevia, and baking powder in a bowl and mix together.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together Agave, egg, egg whites, water, coconut oil, and vanilla extract.
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients together.
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop the mix into the muffin tins. **The ice cream scoop ensures that all your muffins will be the same size and cook evenly.
- Sprinkle the desired topping over the cup and press the topping into the mixture slightly.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes just until the edges turn golden brown and the cup no longer looks wet.
- Remove from the oven and enjoy. **Store leftovers in the fridge for up to a week or in the freezer for 2 months (they wont last that long) and reheat in the microwave or toaster oven.
Photo Credit www.pamelasalzman.com