Whip up this Black Bean and Tomato Quinoa Salad for a delicious entree to satisfy your body and soul.
- 2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup quinoa, washed
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Whisk together first four ingredients with 1/2 teaspoon sea salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a large bowl and set aside.
- Bring 2 cups water and 1 cup quinoa to a boil in a medium pot with 1 tablespoon salt. After it reaches a boil reduce the heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until tender, about 10-15 minutes.
- Remove pot from heat and remove lid. Let stand for about 5 minutes.
- Add quinoa to dressing and toss until dressing is absorbed, then stir in remaining ingredients and salt and pepper to taste.
Optional: Beef this up with a little extra protein. Dice up a block of firm tofu and add it to the mix.
Which would you prefer when preparing food for your diet?