Does anyone remember the egg propaganda of the 90′s? Well, it turns out, the egg is pretty incredible and thankfully- it is edible. In recent years, the egg has been through some rough times, it has been believed to be a villain- adding TOO MUCH cholesterol to our diets and inches to the waist. But eggs, yes the whole egg – yolk included, are a little misunderstood. They pack tons of nutritional value and health benefits.
Whole eggs are a great source of choline (30% of your RDA). Choline regulates brain and nervous system function.
Save the Tata’s
According to research, women who consume a high-intake of choline (about 6-8 whole eggs weekly) are 24% less likely to get breast cancer.
Sharpen the Eyes
Packed with antioxidants lutein and zeaxanthin, egg yolks fend off macular degeneration and lower the risk of cataracts.
Shrink your waist
A study by Louisiana State [...]
Sneak more vegetables into your diet with this unique low-carb food, spaghetti squash. A one-cup serving of spaghetti squash has only 42 calories which is 130 calories less than one serving of pasta. Never cooked with spaghetti squash before? Follow things steps for easy, quick cooking. Spaghetti squash is the perfect accompaniment to the Paleo lifestyle.
1. Cut the squash in half lengthwise.
2. Scoop out the seeds and place the cut side down on a greased baking sheet.
3. Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
4. Remove from the oven and let the squash cool until it can be handled.
5. Scrape the flesh out of the squash with a fork. The flesh will turn into strands resembling, you guessed it, spaghetti.