Lets be honest with ourselves, diets are hard. Eating clean, following a meal plan, and creating/maintaining healthy habits takes hard-work and dedication. But dieting becomes even more complicated when you are on vacation. Follow these tips to keep you on track even while on vacation.
- Indulge-don’t forget that you are on vacation. Enjoy every minute, heck you earned it.
- Sharing is Caring-Share meals and treats with your travel buddy. I spent this last weekend in San Francisco and wasn’t going to let a sourdough bread-bowl pass me by. But instead of consuming one by myself I shared. Satisfying all my craving without the extra calories.
- Walk and Walk Some More- one of the best ways to explore a city is to walk it. Walk to dinner, to a different bar, or monuments you would like to visit. The more you walk the more calories you burn.
- Get Your Fitness on-Find the time to workout. Choose a hotel with a gym or fitness center to get in a quick workout, visit a yoga studio, go hiking or go for a swim. Just do something to keep you in the habit and kick up your energy levels. You can also try one of our interval cardio workouts to burn mega calories in a short time.
- Eat at Least one Clean Eating Meal- choose one meal a day that will be clean. If you choose breakfast, have plain yogurt with honey and fresh fruit or an egg white omelet. Eating at least one clean meal a day will help keep you on track.
- Be Mindful-Rule one was to enjoy yourself but be careful not to overdue it. Chew slowly and savor every bite of the chocolate cake you can diving into but don’t forget to stop eating when you become full.
Following these simple tips will help keep you on track without sacrificing your vacation.