I have a thing for muffins. Egg muffins, oatmeal muffins and now banana muffins. I am not sure if muffins are really my thing or more the ability to easily take muffins on the go as breakfast or a quick afternoon snack. Here is a great Banana Chocolate Chip Muffin recipe that is Flat Belly Diet Friendly.
- 1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 3 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 egg plus 2 egg whites, beaten
- 1/3 cup nonfat plain or vanilla Greek yogurt
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup uncooked quick oats
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips (MUFAS)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix all the dry ingredients (omitting the oats) in a large bowl
- Add all the wet ingredients (omitting the bananas) to the dry mixture
- Add the mashed bananas and oats to mixture and fold in
- Line muffin tin with muffin liners and spray with nonfat cooking spray
- Fill cups about 2/3 full
- Bake for about 30 minutes. Insert toothpick, if it comes out dry then they are done.
Makes about 12 muffins.